Wild Food Stays
Wild & Organic Themed Cultural & Culinary Tourism
Wild Food Stayovers
1 Night / 2 Days
Spend 2 full days with me living my lifestyle in County Offaly Ireland. I will host you in my tastefully appointed country home and garden.
Together we will explore my organic garden and surrounding countryside, foraging my produce and wild edibles. We will return to my country kitchen to turn our bounty into delicious meals.
Learn how to make preserves and remedies from our foraged goodies which you can take home with you.
I’ll share my recipes, experience and #wildfoodhacks with you. Ask me questions, bring ideas and most of all bring your enthusiasm for a fun and restorative experience.
Enjoy my famous Irish hospitality, you will sleep well in my comfy rooms and enjoy my welcoming fireplace. There’ll be lots of sharing, recipes, stories and plenty of The Craic !
See All Details & Bookings Below
I am Wild Food Mary, renowed forager, chef, organic foodie and author.
A keeper of ancient knowledge, connecting people to the places and heritage of Ireland through wild food.
Myself and Dermot O’Neill of the Dermot’s Secret Garden program from tv channel RTÉ.
My beautiful country home in County Offaly, not far from the famous town Birr.
Infused with Irish hospitality and mother nature, you will feel it a home away from home.
Seasonal Weekend Stay Packages
Spring Abloom – 7th & 8th April 2018
Limited places available. Full details in the drop down toggles.
Other seasonal weekends coming soon. Propose your own dates below.
Saturday 7th April
10:30: Arrive, register, welcoming refreshments.
11:00: Set off on first wild food forage walk. We will be searching for spring greens packed with minerals vitamins and protein, early fruiting fungi and digging for some hidden treasures!
Lunch: Back at the homestead or picnic style (weather dependent) of local wild and organic foods.
14 – 16:00: Afternoon session, we discuss the nutrient value of our wild finds and whizz up some power packed smoothies for an afternoon energy boost.
16 – 18:00: Guests are free to relax, explore the garden, read or chill out.
18:30: Time to prepare evening meal, the meal will be based around seasonal local wild and organic foods. Guests have option to join in and cook with me or simply sit back and enjoy my hospitality
Evening: Enjoying each others company, sharing knowledge, anecdotes, and a fair bit of The Craic to be sure!
Sunday 8th April
08:30: Breakfast – start your day with a freshly made vitamin boosting drink, ingredients straight from my garden, followed by organic oats, seeds, Elderberry syrup, delicious home bakes, local organic cheese and homemade preserves.
10:00: Now well nourished we set off to a new location in search of fairy potatoes and wild blossoms.
13:00: Lunch: Back at the homestead or picnic style (weather dependent) of local wild and organic foods.
14:30: Afternoon recap session. This is where we swap more recipes, detailed question and answer, I discuss and recommend wild food resources, more tips and of course more of my #WildFoodHacks.
End: This may vary a little depending on numbers and how much of a good time we’re all having! We say our goodbyes, departure.
What to Bring
- Something to put your foraged food into is a must…like a bag or basket.
- Sturdy footwear, preferably waterproof and suitable clothing for rambling about the grounds and woods.
- Additional warm and wet weather clothing is highly recommended.
- House shoes or slippers for when we retire to the house.
- Notebook, camera & water bottle.
- Ideas and recipes.
Available by Prior Reservation Only.
Includes accommodation, food & resources.
€195 / person mid-week
€355 / couple sharing
€295 / person weekends and holidays
€495 / couple sharing
Want to book for a group? Contact below to discuss pricing !
Recognised by Fáilte Ireland as a unique food experience in the Irish tourism landscape.
Wild Food Stays - Enquiries
- Please note there are no refunds or discounts for late arrivals, early departures, flight cancellations, other travel issues or illness. If you cancel your reservation for any reason, the refund policy applies.
- I would like to be able to compensate customers in the event of unforeseen circumstances (illness/injury, family emergency, travel issues, etc) but take no responsibility for costs incurred by you in the event of your cancellation.
- I have tried to provide as fair and reasonable a refund policy as possible in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- In the case that I have to cancel an event, however unlikely, I will refund all monies paid to me.
- I accept no liability for travel costs incurred by other parties in this event. To protect yourself in this case I encourage overseas visitors to purchase travel insurance.
- 45 < days prior to the start of the reservation,your payment, is 100% refundable.
- 30-45 days prior to the start of the reservation, your payment, is 50% refundable.
- 0-30 days prior to the start of the reservation, no refunds will be given.
- In the event I cancel an event your payment will be 100% refundable.
Be In The Know