Wild Food Stays
Wild & Organic Themed Cultural & Culinary Tourism
Wild Food Stayovers
Weekends & Holidays
Spend weekend stays with me living my lifestyle in County Offaly Ireland. I will host you in my tastefully appointed country home and garden.
Together we will explore my organic garden and surrounding countryside, foraging my produce and wild edibles. We will return to my country kitchen to turn our bounty into delicious meals.
Learn how to make preserves and remedies from our foraged goodies which you can take home with you.
I’ll share my recipes, experience and #wildfoodhacks with you. Ask me questions, bring ideas and most of all bring your enthusiasm for a fun and restorative experience.
Enjoy my famous Irish hospitality, you will sleep well in my comfy rooms and enjoy my welcoming fireplace. There’ll be lots of sharing, recipes, stories and plenty of The Craic !
See All Details & Bookings Below
I am Wild Food Mary, renowed forager, chef, organic foodie and author.
A keeper of ancient knowledge, connecting people to the places and heritage of Ireland through wild food.
Myself and Dermot O’Neill of the Dermot’s Secret Garden program from tv channel RTÉ.
My beautiful country home in County Offaly, not far from the famous town Birr.
Infused with Irish hospitality and mother nature, you will feel it a home away from home.
Seasonal Weekend Stay Packages
Forage Wild Herbal Wellness Weekend Stay – 29th June to 1st July 2018
Limited places available. Full details in the drop down toggles.
Other seasonal weekends coming soon. Propose your own dates below.
Friday June 29th
18.00-20.00 Arrive, register, supper,stroll round garden, settle in.
21.00 Meet together, Self-testing methods will be explained and demonstrated so you can discover your own best mathed herbs.
Saturday June 30th
8am-9:30 breakfast,enjoy Mary’s famous breakfast,fresh delicious garden and local produce and fruit, organic eggs and cheese, home bakes.
11:00:Explore the garden searching for and gathering suitable herbs for our tisanes and oils.
Lunch: Back at the homestead or picnic style (weather dependent) of local wild and organic foods.
14 – 16:00: Afternoon in the kitchen, we discuss the value of our wild finds and discover how to make some simple remedies t from them. We start our infused oils and make other remedies based on our needs or interest.
16 – 19:00 Guests are offered individual Reiki treatments, or are free explore the garden, read or chill out.
19:00: Time to prepare evening meal, the meal will be based around seasonal local wild and organic foods. Guests have option to join in and cook with me or simply sit back and enjoy my hospitality
Evening Gather around the fire in garden, under recent full moon, enjoying each others company, sharing knowledge, anecdotes, and a fair bit of The Craic to be sure!
Sunday June 1st
08:30: Breakfast – start your day with a freshly made vitamin boosting drink, ingredients straight from my garden, followed by organic oats, seeds, Elderberry syrup, delicious home bakes, local organic cheese and homemade preserves.
10:00: Aruvedic self massage, Jill teaches us self massage with our own self-made infused oils, thus, completing the self care cycle from choosing herbs , collecting making and using.
11.00 Mary and jill are available to answer questions, swap recipes, tips etc. #WildFoodHacks
End: This may vary a little depending on numbers and how much of a good time we’re all having! We say our goodbyes, departure.
What to Bring
- Something to put your foraged food into is a must…like a bag or basket.
- Sturdy footwear, preferably waterproof and suitable clothing for rambling about the grounds and woods.
- Additional warm and wet weather clothing is highly recommended.
- House shoes or slippers for when we retire to the house.
- Notebook, camera & water bottle.
- Ideas and recipes.
Available by Prior Reservation Only.
Includes accommodation, food & resources.
€195 / person mid-week
€355 / couple sharing
€295 / person weekends and holidays
€495 / couple sharing
Want to book for a group? Contact below to discuss pricing !
Recognised by Fáilte Ireland as a unique food experience in the Irish tourism landscape.
Wild Food Stays - Enquiries
- Please note there are no refunds or discounts for late arrivals, early departures, flight cancellations, other travel issues or illness. If you cancel your reservation for any reason, the refund policy applies.
- I would like to be able to compensate customers in the event of unforeseen circumstances (illness/injury, family emergency, travel issues, etc) but take no responsibility for costs incurred by you in the event of your cancellation.
- I have tried to provide as fair and reasonable a refund policy as possible in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- In the case that I have to cancel an event, however unlikely, I will refund all monies paid to me.
- I accept no liability for travel costs incurred by other parties in this event. To protect yourself in this case I encourage overseas visitors to purchase travel insurance.
- 45 < days prior to the start of the reservation,your payment, is 100% refundable.
- 30-45 days prior to the start of the reservation, your payment, is 50% refundable.
- 0-30 days prior to the start of the reservation, no refunds will be given.
- In the event I cancel an event your payment will be 100% refundable.
Be In The Know