Fungi Forays, Hedgerow Herbals, Wild Edibles, Natural Medicines, Ethnobotany…
Humanity has been foraging food as long as we have existed. This has for the most part consisted of collecting naturally occuring green leaves, flowers, berries, nuts, mushrooms and roots. The benefits of collecting and eating wild food are many. Foraged food is healthy, tastes fantastic, and is a joy to collect! If done correctly it is also ecologically sustainable and is an interactive and immersive experience. When something grows in a natural environment – without being artificially fertilized, watered and weeded – it has to battle for its place in an ecosystem and thus usually produces more micronutrients than farmed produce. It is typically more potent, restorative and in some cases medicinal.
Dates & Price
Price: €65 per person.
- March 21st: Crann Og Ecofarm, Gort, Co Galway (subject to confirmation)
- March 22nd: Clareen, Co Offaly
- April 25th: Clareen, Co Offaly
- May 16th: Crann Og Ecofarm, Gort, Co Galway (subject to confirmation)
- May17th: Clareen, Co Offaly
- June 14th: Clareen, Co Offaly
- Tuition and guided foraging walks lead by me, Wild Food Mary.
- Tasty meal incorporating foraged foods and other natural and organic ingredients and dishes provided to compliment the season.
- Refreshments and nibblies.
- All of the ancient knowledge I can impart to the group in the course of the day, plenty of good company and great craic!
- Also available to purchase are my fine goods and bespoke liqueurs!
What to Bring
- Something to put your foraged food into is a must…like a bag or basket.
- Sturdy footwear, preferably waterproof and suitable clothing for rambling about the grounds and woods.
- Additional warm and wet weather clothing is highly recommended.
- House shoes or slippers for when we retire to the house.
- Notebook, camera & water bottle.
Book & Pay Here
(If required, you can add multiple places when you get to the checkout window!)
Be In The Know